Undergraduate Office Assistant, 2011-2012 year
Posted Tue, 09 Mar 2010 08:00:00 CST
Category: Undergraduate Student
This is a Federal Work Study Position.
* Assist with the daily operations of Asian American Studies.
* Assist with publicity, preparation, and set-up for conferences, lectures, and other campus activities.
* Gather, prepare, and disseminate information about Asian American Studies to students, faculty, staff, and the community.
* Work to coordinate with other campus units and community organizations.
* Work on other projects as determined.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products.
* A sensitivity to the functioning of an interdisciplinary program and an ability to work with faculty, staff, and students from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
* Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task several projects.
* Candidates should be able to work 810 hours per week with regularly scheduled office hours.
* Experience in desktop publishing and graphic design.
* Interest and/or academic background in Asian American Studies and issues.
* Experience with A/V equipment set-up.
* Excellent writing and speaking skills.
* Self-initiative, enthusiasm, and an ability to work without direct supervision.
Send the following to materials to Viveka Kudaligama, Assistant Director, 1208 W. Nevada MC-142, Urbana, IL 61801:
1. A brief letter of application detailing interest and qualifications for position.
2. A current resumé.
3. A list of three references (name, mailing address, phone number, email address).
For full consideration, submit application by Friday, March 04, 2011. For more information, contact AAS at 265-4086, firstname.lastname@example.org.